I have now officially been in Wildwood 8 days and the students will be arriving tomorrow! Yay! I must say... I am still pretty mind blown at the way God provided for me financially for this trip. The last time I posted, I was still needing to raise support, as of right now I have raised above my initial "project expense" and have had enough to cover my plane ticket, luggage, and I will even receive a weekly amount to cover my food and other necessities like that. I am so blessed to have all of my family, church family, and friends support me on this journey. It has been amazing to receive encouragement from so many people. It definitely makes the process a little easier when you know that you have people standing behind you saying "I believe in what you are doing."
I am sure you are curious as to what I have been doing this past week while I have been in Wildwood. Well... we have had lots of trainings and meetings as a staff team. We have spent time getting to know one another and sharing our testimonies. It has been incredible to hear everyone's personal stories and see how Christ takes everyone of us in our brokenness and restores us. It is so cool to see how we all come from all different kinds of backgrounds and to see how God has brought us all here in Wildwood together this summer to serve Him and make Him known in this community. The past few days we have spent time cleaning up the project house, putting together new furniture, basically making sure everything is ready to roll when the students arrive. A couple days ago we received our list of girls who will be in our small groups this summer and we had the opportunity to call them and get to know them a little bit before they get here. I am so excited to see what God has in store through each of these groups this summer and the project as a whole in this community.
Yesterday we began the day with a meeting, moved into some training, and then we went out sharing on the boardwalk. It was a very rainy, kind of gross day so the boardwalk was basically completely vacant but we still had the opportunity to talk to people who were working on the boardwalk because they certainly didn't really have any customers. We broke into pairs and went out on the boardwalk, I was with another staff member named Jenn (fun fact.. my first time going out sharing last year was actually with Jenn as well.) We had the opportunity to talk to a few different girls; one was from Russia, one from Macedonia, and the other was from here in New Jersey. We did not really get into a spiritual conversation but we were able to just talk to them for a little bit and learn what they were here in New Jersey for. We will be starting an International Cafe in a week or so on Thursday nights so we told them about those and told them that when we got flyers made up that we would bring them one!
Today, we assigned everyone tasks for what they will be doing tomorrow and are finishing up last minute things that need to be done to the project house. I am sooo excited for the students to arrive and am extremely excited to have three fellow Wolfpackers who are going to be joining me up here beginning tomorrow! Wooot!
This is definitely just a very general run through of what we have been doing. I will keep you updated throughout the weeks to come! Until then, please continue to pray for the Wildwood community.. pray for the softening and opening of hearts to the Holy Spirit.. pray for safety for all the students as they will be traveling up here tomorrow.. pray for us a staff team to allow the Spirit to work in us and through us and be submissive to the leading of the Spirit... and pray for the bonding and trust to be developed quickly within the teams.
No comments:
Post a Comment