Hey all!
I hope this letter finds you all
doing well! Things have been non-stop since I got back from New Jersey and I am
just now having time to sit down and write an update letter. Please forgive me
for how long it has taken me to follow up with my trip to New Jersey!
This summer was yet again, an
amazing summer watching God work in the lives of the staff, students, and most
importantly the community of Wildwood, New Jersey. The first week or so of
project is always where God begins to work a lot in the lives of the staff and
students, preparing our hearts for what he wants to do through us this summer.
This summer I was the leader of a
group of four girls named Jenna, Kenscia, Elise, and Lia. My duties consisted
of being their discipler, leading bible studies, and really doing life with
them. I was there to help them through everything they were dealing with and
God was doing through their life as well as teach them how to use the different
types of evangelism tools that we us with the Campus Crusade Organization. We
had outreaches every Saturday and I also helped them prepare those, reach out
to the community, as well as lead both Spiritual and Gospel conversations.
It was amazing for me to see how
God was working in each of my girl’s lives, breaking them apart to restore them
to himself. It is always a beautiful thing to experience someone begin to
surrender parts of their life that they had been hanging on to. God not only
did incredible things in the lives of the students and staff on project but he
did amazing things in the Wildwood Community.
By the end of project there were:
·
1,954 Spiritual Conversations
·
991 Gospel Conversations (The Gospel was clearly
presented in the conversation)
·
46 people prayed to receive Christ as their Lord
and Savior
·
27 people recommitted their lives to Christ
God did big things in Wildwood, New
Jersey this summer and I am so thankful that you were a part of this journey!
This project happens every summer so please continue to pray for the people of
Wildwood, New Jersey and the students that he will be bringing there next
summer to spread his love to this community.
Thank you so much for you love,
prayers, and support (both financially and emotionally) of me for this mission
trip. Without you, it would not have been possible for me to go. I really
appreciate you!
No comments:
Post a Comment