I do not really know where I even need to begin to begin wrapping up this summer. It has been absolutely amazing and God has been soooo great! Coming into project I was super pumped to be able to go out and share the Gospel with the community of Wildwood… I thought my life was good to go and that as soon as I got here God would begin teaching me and equipping me to go out and spread His love. Well… I was wrong. Obviously God was definitely teaching me and preparing me to go out but he had a lot of work he wanted to do in my life before I was ready for that point. I would say the entire first half of project the Lord just really worked in my life and was showing me all the distractions I was letting keep me from seeking Him wholeheartedly, he was showing me areas I hadn’t surrendered to Him, He was teaching me how to love like He loves and to see everyone as he does (he is still working on that too J), and He really began to show me what it means to be a humble servant, to have patience with people, and to “die to myself.” God really began to show me how selfish I really was at the core and I had not ever realized it. It disgusted me to see it, but I am so thankful that He loves me enough to show me my weak points and strengthen me through them. (“That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:10) It has been the biggest blessing to me to see how God has worked so much in my life and pointed out sooo many things that I had never seen. I am beginning to grasp more realistically what it means to fall in love with Jesus Christ. I am still “under construction” and a work in progress but… aren’t we all? God is still showing me stuff everyday and I love it! Throughout project we have had wonderful outreaches with lots of greattt conversations. We had huge BBQ’s, breakfast hang outs, Tug-O-War competitions, lemonade stands on the beach, sand castle contests, basically pretty much anything that you can get a lot of people to come to. We built lots of wonderful relationships through all of these different outreaches. We were superrr busy all summer with hardly any free time but it has all been so worth it. There were times when my attitude was not the best in the world but God continually brought me back in line. We still have five days left and I really and truly can’t wait to see what God does. These past two days have literally been the best two days of my life and definitely the best two on project. Today my friend Melanie and I hung out with our Taiwanese friends, Shelly, Amy, Carina, and Angel. They are all so precious. We had really been able to form great friendships with them throughout project. Tonight they all prayed to receive Christ and begin a relationship with Him! Praise God!!!! Keep praying for the next few days, God is not through in Wildwood, in fact… I feel like he is just beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment